Join us as we explore the theme of creative impact for an evening of immersive learning inspired by Georgia O’Keeffe and contemporary artists throughout the Museum. This annual event is for educators of all levels as well as teaching artists and others interested in learning through the arts. This free event features:
- A keynote from Jaki Shelton Green, 2018 North Carolina poet laureate, celebrating the impact of the arts and education
- Experience Ghost Ranch in VR: An immersive VR tour of Georgia O’Keeffe’s home, studio, and Santa Fe landscape that inspired her life’s work. Explore how immersive technologies created by Mike Cuales from LEVR Studios and Derek Rowe from Wild Eyes could be used in the classroom.
- Interactive drop-in art activities with Jaclyn Bowie, Linda Dallas, and NCSU Design Lab
- In-depth discussions with guest speakers:
- “The Earth as Art: Exploring the Geology beneath the Landscapes of O’Keeffe” with Karl Wegmann, associate professor in the Department of Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences at NCSU
- “Making the Case for the Arts” with Nate McGaha of Arts North Carolina
- A resource fair with local museums and arts organizations
- Free drinks and refreshments
- Free admission to The Beyond: Georgia O’Keeffe and Contemporary Art and Candida Höfer in Mexico.
The 2018 Educator Expo is made possible through the generous support of Wells Fargo.