We’ve reimagined our Art in Motion Sculpture Race to take place in cyberspace, and in your homes! Celebrate art and human innovation by building a dynamic sculpture. The only requirement is that your creation be inspired by a work of art from the Museum’s collection. Prizes will be awarded in multiple categories! Even if you don’t enter the race, join us for the virtual Exhibition and Awards Ceremony to watch the competition unfold and see who wins. Ends at 8 pm.
How it works:
• Build a homemade dynamic sculpture of any shape, size, or material inspired by an object from the Museum’s collection. (If your sculpture itself does not move, it needs to have a dynamic component, such as a piece that spins like a whirligig, flowing fabric, a stop-motion video, etc.)
• Submit a video or images of your completed masterpiece by July 21 to enter the competition.
• Register to watch the live Exhibition and Awards Ceremony. To sign up, email Bryanne Senor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Tune in to the live virtual event on July 31 to see all the sculptures and find out who wins.
“What the heck is a virtual sculpture race?”
• Learn more about how to create your sculpture and submit your entry.
• Join the live Sculpture Race Virtual Q&A on Wednesday, July 8, at 7 pm.
• Watch this video.