The artist Joseph Cornell collected small special objects and arranged them in a box to tell a story. In this box, look for a sun and a seashell.
- Do you see the boats?
- Have you been to a place that has sunshine, seashells, and boats? Where were you?
- Whatelse can you find in the box?
Find other works of art on NCMALearn that have seashells, boats, or glass objects. Do the works of art remind you of a place that you have visited? Create a story about each work of art that you find.
Make a story box like Joseph Cornell’s.
- Where is your favorite place?
- Go to your favorite place and collect small objects that are from that place.
- Keep your collection in a box.
- Tell a friend about the objects from your collection.