Explore resources to support school tours for grades K-5 for the NCMA O'Keeffe Fall 2018 exhibition.view quick tip
Come explore the NCMA collection or a special exhibition on a guided tour with a volunteer docent to discuss and experience selected works of art. Docents facilitate conversations with students from looking to understanding. Talk with Museum staff or reserve a tour now with our Tour Request Form.
Learn more about the tour programs below.
School Tours of the Permanent Collection
- Collection Connection (K–college)
- Parts of Art (K–2, maximum of 100 students)
- Look Here! (Grades 3–5, maximum of 100 students)
- Forces of Nature (Grades 3–5, maximum of 100 students)
- Considering Characters (Grades 3–5, maximum of 100 students)
- Patterns in African Art (K–5, maximum of 40 students)
- Making Math Artistic (Grades 6–8, maximum of 60 students)
- Faces, Figures, and Forms (Grades 6–12, maximum of 40 students)
- Ancient Cultures (Grades 6–8, maximum of 40 students)
- What Is Art? (Grades 9–12, maximum of 60 students)
- The Power of Art (Grades 9–12, maximum of 50 students)
Self Guided Group Visit
We appreciate all schools and youth groups notifying the Museum so we can avoid crowded galleries. To schedule a self-guided visit, fill out the Tour Request Form and select “self-guided.”
School Tours for Special Exhibitions- Fall/ Winter 2018
All exhibitions, including those requiring tickets, are free to school groups and college classes if scheduled through our online scheduling form at Tour Request Form. Learn about our fall exhibition, The Beyond: Georgia O’Keeffe and Contemporary Art, and register for one of our four guided tour experiences:
- Super Sized! (grades K-5, maximum of 50 students)
- O’Keeffe as Influencer (grades 6-12, maximum of 50 students)
- If Georgia came to North Carolina (grades 3-5, maximum of 30 students)
- Making a Mark on Modernism (grades 6-12, maximum of 30 students)
Learn more about these tours through the resources below.